Lee Jong-kyu’s late goal gives Ulsan a 3-1 win over Suwon FC…’Park Joo-ho retires to standing ovation’

The league’s top scorer, Lee In-gyu, was on fire again. Ulsan Hyundai secured a 3-1 come-from-behind win at home to consolidate their top spot in the league. Park Joo-ho played 92 minutes in the final game of his career and was sent off to a standing ovation.

Ulsan won 3-1 against Suwon FC in the 17th round of the Hana WonQ K League 1 2023 at Suwon Sports Complex on Saturday. Suwon FC put Ulsan under pressure with a solid defense after Yoon Beom-garam’s early goal, but a mistake led to a quick goal. They then conceded back-to-back goals to In-Jin Gyu and Bako. Ulsan recorded its 13th win of the season (2 draws, 2 losses) to reach 41 points and further consolidate its position at the top of the league. Suwon FC, on the other hand, dropped to 9 losses (5 wins, 3 draws) in the league. ‘Captain’ Park Ju-ho retired to a standing ovation after playing 92 minutes in the final match of his career.

It was the last game of Suwon FC’s ‘No. 6’ Park Joo-ho’s career, and in honor of his number, 8733 fans clapped for him in the sixth minute of the first half. The opponent, Ulsan, was the first team Park played with when he made his debut in the 2018 K League. Park played a total of 127 games for Ulsan and Suwon FC over the course of three years. Before the game, supporters from both teams showed their affection for Park by presenting him with a hanging rug with a message of support. In the final game of his career, Park started and played a total of 92 minutes before being sent off.

The home team Suwon FC started with a 4-3-3 formation. Park Chul-woo, Lee Dae-gwang, and Jang Jae-woong were up front, while Yoon Beom-garam, Park Joo-ho, and Kim Sun-min were in the midfield. The back four was Jung Dong-ho, Jackson, Kim Hyun-hoon, and Lee Yong-yi, with Park Bae-jong in goal.

The away team, Ulsan, lined up in a 4-2-3-1. Martin Adam started up front. Hwang Jae-hwan was deployed behind him, while Yoon Il-rok and Uhm Won-sang were on the left and right flanks. Lee Kyu-sung and Kim Min-hyuk were in the midfield. The back four was Lee Myung-jae, Jung Seung-hyun, Kim Kihee, and Seol Young-woo, with Cho Hyun-woo in goal.

The first half was a passive affair. As it was a midweek game, the tempo was slow. Ulsan succeeded in possessing the ball, but couldn’t convert quickly enough to break through Suwon FC’s defense.

It was the home team Suwon FC that changed the calm atmosphere. After blocking Ulsan’s forward movement around the 15th minute, Lee Dae-gwang opened the scoring with a confident left-footed shot from outside the box. Cho Hyun-woo made a great diving save.

Two minutes later, Suwon FC took the lead. Park Chul-woo drove the ball inside from the left side and attempted a bold mid-range shot. The ball deflected and headed to the right flank, where Lee Yong-soo sent in a cross. The Ulsan defense cleared it away, but Yoon Beom-Garam immediately connected with a right-footed shot that rattled the net. National goalkeeper Cho Hyun-woo got a hand to it, but the trajectory was unstoppable. It was Yoon’s fourth goal of the season. It was his second goal in as many games after scoring against Suwon Samsung.

Meanwhile, Ulsan conceded for the fifth consecutive game, and the defense was not able to solve the anxiety.

In the 20th minute, Suwon FC brought on Ras-Oin-pyo to further boost their momentum. Ulsan also tried to counter with Hwang Jae-hwan and Ataru. Ulsan’s first chance came in the first minute when Park Bae-jong took advantage of a loose ball and shot into an empty net, but Kim Sun-min made a quick save.

Six minutes later, Martin Adam’s header was straight at Park Bae-jong, and shortly afterward, the goal rattled the net after a link-up play between Uhm Won-sang and Ataru, but the goal was disallowed for offside.

Ulsan actively shook the flanks with Uhm Won-sang and Yoon Il-rok, but Suwon FC’s defensive concentration was the advantage. Head coach Hong Myung-bo was shown a yellow card for strongly protesting a throw-in decision.

Both teams pulled out their substitution cards at the start of the second half. Suwon FC brought on Lee Seung-woo, while Ulsan brought on Bako.

It was in the 15th minute of the second half that Ulsan had the decisive chance after a frustrating attack. Lee Kyu-sung and Ataru played a perfect 2-on-1 pass to open up space behind Suwon FC. Ataru had a one-on-one chance in the box, but his right-footed shot was saved by Park Bae-jong. It was a perfect attack by Ulsan and a super save by Park Bae-jong.

Suwon FC’s seemingly impenetrable defense was broken down by a single mistake. In the 24th minute, Kim Sun-min failed to clear the ball in the defensive zone. Ataru, who successfully pressed, collected the ball in the box and calmly crossed it to Martin Adam. He slotted it home to tie the game at one. 먹튀검증

In the 31st minute of the second half, Hong Myung-bo brought on Cho Hyun-taek and Lee Min-kyu to try to turn the tide. The Martin Adam-Lee Min-kyu twin tower that worked so well against Daejeon Hana Citizens was once again utilized.

It paid off. In the 42nd minute of the second half, Ju In-gyu scored the game-winning goal after overcoming a tussle with Yoon Beom-garam on a corner kick. Suwon FC made a last-ditch effort to fight back, but conceded another goal to Bacco in stoppage time. Park Ju-ho was substituted in the 92nd minute to a standing ovation.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.